Imagine God handing you a weapon...Read More
You’re walking on a beach with God...Read More
Sit down with God and ask Him these questions:
1. How do You feel about the book (or other writing project) I’m working on?
2. What are Your hopes and dreams for this project?
3. What is one thing I could do to market this book or project even before I’m done with it?
Fill out the following information. Be as creative as possible.
Beliefs about God and the spiritual realm:
Favorite kind of food:
Are they an animal lover? Which animal is their favorite?
One really boring thing about them:
One really weird thing about them:
A note about their family history:
What problem does this character have to overcome?
What kind of ending do you want the story to have? Happily ever after? Bittersweet? One that makes you think?
- Do you think this story would be worth writing? Why or why not?
- Do you WANT to write the story now that you’ve peeked into this character’s life?
The following exercise is meant to help you connect with the Holy Spirit as you write. He wants to be your partner in the writing process, and this exercise will help you build your awareness of Him. Feel free to be as descriptive or as brief as you wish as you answer the following question.
Imagine you’re in Heaven with God, and the two of you are standing in front of a bookcase. God picks up one of the books, and you realize it has your name on the cover. You wrote this book. God starts to tell you what it’s about and what He thinks of it.
What does He say?
The following exercise is meant to help you connect with the Holy Spirit inside of you as you write. He wants to be your partner in the writing process, and this exercise will help you build your awareness of Him. Feel free to be as descriptive or as brief as you wish as you answer the following questions.
Imagine you’re sitting with God on a mountain.
1. What does the mountain look like?
2. What’s the weather like?
3. How does it feel to sit close to Him?
4. What does God say to you?